Visiting the Museum
To accommodate all visitors, the Hayama building is barrier free and uses the minimum amount of steps. The passage between the parking space and the entrance hall has been made safe for wheelchair use. All major facilities such as the gallery space, auditorium, museum shop and restaurants are situated on the ground floor to facilitate ease of access. Elevators are at your disposal to access the library situated underground. Wheelchairs are available free of charge at all the museum buildings. Please speak to a member of staff if you wish to use one.
Discount PolicyPersons with disabilities and (generally) one helper or attendant are admitted free of charge upon presentation of a Disabled Person's Handbook, MIRAIRO ID, or an equivalent form of government-issued identification.
- Special parking facilities
- Special parking spaces in the parking lot are reserved for disabled visitors. An intercom is also set up in the parking lot so that visitors can call for assistance from staff members.
- Available for use free of charge at the Entrance Hall reception desk.
- Wheelchair accessible toilets with baby care facilities
- Wheelchair accessible toilets fitted with baby changing facilities are located on each floor. Wheelchair accessible all-gender toilet fitted with baby changing facility is located next to the auditorium.
- Wheelchair accessible elevator
- Available for access to the Museum Library on the 1st basement.
- Assistance Dogs
- We also welcome visitors accompanied by assistance dogs.
- Baby strollers can be used inside the Galleries. They are available for use free of charge at the reception desk.