The Museum of Modern Art, Hayama
2208-1, Isshiki, Hayama, Kanagawa
Tel. +81 46 875 2800
Train Stations: Zushi (JR Yokosuka Line) and Shin-Zushi (Keihin Kyuko Line).
Take Keihin Kyuko Bus no.11 or 12 and get off at "Sangaoka" Stop.
From Tokyo:about 1 hour by train + about 18 minutes by bus.
Print the Map (PDF data/211KB)
If you want to open and view PDF file,you must have AdobeReader installed.
Museum Collection 2: Light in This Space
- Special Feature: Shinpei Sakakura
October 22, 2016 - January 15, 2017
From our collection of paintings and sculptures, with light as the theme, displayed here are works dating from the 1960s onwards by artists such as LEE Ufan, Jiro Takamatsu, Yoko Matsumoto, Machiko Ogawa, Aiko Miyawaki, Yasukazu(Yasse) Tabuchi, Chuta Kimura, Yoshio Aoyama, Minoru Kawabata, Gen'ichiro Inokuma and others. In the gallery facing Isshiki Beach, the window will be uncovered to feature works by Shinpei Sakakura (1934-2004). We hope you will enjoy the works as they respond to the light that pours in from autumn to winter.
Exhibition curator will talk about this exhibition in the gallery.
Date & Time:
Sunday, November 6, 14:00-14:30
Saturday, December 10, 14:00-14:30
No bookings needed, free with exhibition ticket
*Only available in Japanese
Two exhibitions will be held simultaneously. "In Praise of Sunlight: Koichi Tanikawa and Chizuru Miyasako" at Gallery 1 and 2, "Museum Collection 2: Light in This Space - Special Feature: Shinpei Sakakura" at Gallery 3.
Mondays (except for January 9, 2017)
Thursday, December 29 - Tuesday, January 3
9:30-17:00 (the last admission is at 16:30)
Adults: 250 yen (150 yen)
Under 20 or Students: 150 yen (100 yen)
65 and over: 100 yen
High School Students: 100 yen
- Prices in ( ) indicate group (more than 20 persons) discount tickets.
- Students under junior-highschool age or disabled visitors are free of charge.
- The exhibition ticket of "In Praise of Sunlight: Koichi Tanikawa and Chizuru Miyasako" also entitles entry to "Museum Collection 2" for the day of purchase.
- "Family Communication Day" - reduced entry for all family members (except for 65 and over) accompanied by a child under 18 on the first Sunday of every month (November 6, December 4).
- Free admission day : November 3 (Cultural Day / Japanese National Holiday)