Visiting the Museum
Concessions & Free AdmissionThe Kamakura Annex is temporarily closed for renovations until January 2021.
The reduced rate is generally 100 yen off the admission fee.
Family Communication DayFor: All family members (except for 65 and over) accompanied by children under 18 on the first Sunday of every month.
Repeat Visit Discount for Kanagawa Prefectural MuseumsFor: those who with a ticket stub for tickets purchased within the last six months of any of the Kanagawa Prefectural museums listed below.
Note this discount does not apply to those high-school students and seniors (65 and over).
Discount rate varies from museum to museum. For further information, please see the website of Kanagawa Prefecture. It also applies for tickets purchased from the same museum.
- Kanagawa Prefectural Kanazawa-Bunko Museum
- Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Cultural History
- Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Natural History
- The Museum of Modern Art, Hayama
- The Museum of Modern Art, Kamakura Annex
Mutual Discount with Chigasaki City Museum of Art
- For: those who with an purchased exhibition ticket stub (within six months) or a Year-Pass of Chigasaki City Museum of Art
Discount rate: 100 yen off of the admission fee. Note this discount will NOT be applied to seniors (65 and over).
- For: those who with a purchased exhibition ticket stub (within six months) of The Museum of Modern Art, Kamakura & Hayama
Discount rate: apply group rate at Chigasaki City Museum of Art.
The reduced rate applies to holders of those listed below, on presentation of the appropriate identification.
- JAF (Japan Automobile Federation)
- JTB Elavel Club
- Japan Artists Association
- Japanese Association of Museums
- International Council of Museums
- Life Support Club
- Zushi Kanko Suishin no Kai
- Kanagawa Trust Midori Zaidan
- The alumni association of Tama Art University
- Times Club
- Shonan Friends Club (The Hiratsuka Museum of Art)
- Keikyu Miura-hanto 1-Day Ticket/ 2-Days Ticket
- Enoden 1-Day Pass Ticket “Noriorikun”
- Kamakura Free Kankyo Tegata (Kamakura City)
- Park and Ride (Kamakura City)
- Free admission to all exhibitions on: International Museum Day (May 18) and Culture Day (November 3).
- The following are eligible for free admission:
- Children and young people up to junior high school students (under 16)
- High-school students and attendant teachers in supervised groups on educational outings (application in advance needed)
- Persons with disability and (generally) one helper or attendant upon presenting Disabled Person's Handbook or an equivalent form of government-issued identification.